Top 10 Tallest Trees in the World
Record of the tallest tree based on tree height. In August 2006, a “tallest tree in the world” has been discovered. This is found in the California redwoods, and the location of the tree is the Redwood Forest (Redwoods National Park, California). This tree is named “Hyperion” (from Greek mythology) and stood 115.61 meters (379.3 feet). The Coast Redwood may be the tallest tree on earth, although sometimes it was said that eucalyptus in Western Australia is the highest tree, and over time history there have been Douglas-fir (Pseudotsuga menziesii) is higher than the Coast Redwood. Making it very difficult to say that the Redwood is the tallest conifers in history. Here are the top 10 tallest tree in the world.
10. Mendocino – 112.20 m (368.1 ft) – Montgomery, Montgomery Flat. Former title holder for the tallest, 1996-2000
9. Paradox – 112.56 m (369.2 ft) – Humboldt, Rockefeller Forest. Former title holder for the tallest, 1995-1996
8. Rockefeller – 112.60 m (369.3 ft) – Humboldt, Upper Bull Creek Flat. Large tree. Former title holder for the highest.
7. Lauralyn – 112.62 m (369.5 ft) – Humboldt, South Fork Eel River. Large slimmer. Discovered by Paul & Stangenburger Al Zinke.
6. Orion – 112.63 m (369.5 ft) – Redwood, Redwood Creek tributary. Discovered by LIDAR. Growing up on a bench perched high in the spring.
5. National Geographic Society – 112.71 m (369.9 ft) – Redwood Creek Redwood. Former title holder for the tallest, 1994-1995
4. Stratosphere Giant – 113.11 m (371.1 ft) – Humboldt, Rockefeller Forest. Former title holder for the tallest, 2000-2006
3. Icarus – 113.14 m (371.2 ft) – Redwood, Redwood Creek tributary, was found July 1, 2006. Off the top of the tower.
2. Helios – 114.58 m (375.9 ft) – Redwood, Redwood Creek colony, former holder of the highest degree of 01/07/2006 – 25/08/2006
1. Hyperion – 115.61 m (379.3 ft) – Redwood
Redwood Creek colony, LIDAR search confirmed this tree as the tallest tree in the world.