Top 8 Longest Words in English
You may be surprised if you see a list of Classic Longest word, maybe even you have never heard these words. In this article you will find a list of longest english word in terms of number of characters. This is a list of top 8 Longest words in English, have you ever heard these words?
8. Honorificabilitudinitatibus (27 characters)
When I typed using Microsoft word, the word Honorificabilitudinitatibus as words that are not known, added to the database of words. Honorificabilitudinitatibus one word in one of Shakespeare’s work lost love. With a common English word Honorificabilitudinitatibus means “a state that is able to achieve the honor.”
7. Antidisestablishmentarianism (28 characters)
In the beginning was the word used to name the position of the political opposition in 19th-century England against the disestablishment of the Church. Although the word is rarely used, we may have heard this word, although not aware of it. In the Eminem song “Almost famous”, we can find this one word.
6. Floccinaucinihilipilification (29 characters)
Floccinaucinihilipilification is a noun to define the actions that states one thing or something that is not important. This word is rarely used, or never used for school children.
Pseudopseudohypoparathyroidism is the medical word for determining the conditions under which one person appears to be influenced by Pseudohypoparathyroidism 1a.
4. Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious (34 characters)
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious is part of a song lyric and song title Disney movie musical in 1964 by Mary Poppins. This word is a combination of Super, beauty, refinement, and educable.
3. Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis (45 Characters)
According to the Oxford English dictionary means Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis lung disease triggered by microscopic silica dust causing inflammation in the lungs.
2. Lopadote machosel achogale okranio leipsano drimhyp otrimmat osilphio paraom elitokat akechyme nokichl epikoss yphophat toperist eralektr yonopte kephallio kigklo peleiola goiosira iobaphe tragano pterygon (183 characters)
These are the words of old used to call the menu names that make up various kinds of dainties, fish, meat, poultry, and others. This word taken from the Ancient Greek transliteration and not available in a modern dictionary.
1. Methionylthreonylthreonylglutaminylarginyl … isoleucine (189,819 letters)
This is the longest word in English with 189,819 characters. It is a word used to name Titin, which is the largest known protein in the world. Titan has very long chemical names that say it is almost impossible. Even Wikipedia cannot write the chemical name of Titin in complete character.